There are several factors that industry leaders, manufacturers, regulators, and consumers all have spinning through their heads with regards to the reality and legitimacy […]
CDOT and CSP are turning up the heat on drunk drivers, as the Spring The Heat Is On DUI enforcement campaign has just been kicked off. Spanning from April 4th through Sunday May 17th, this intensified DUI enforcement effort will involve:
Stepped up efforts to target drunk drivers through sobriety checkpoints, more officers being staffed on weekends and evenings, etc.
- Promoting public awareness about the dangers of drunk driving.
Although most of the DUI enforcement periods associated with the Heat is On campaign are usually conducted around major holidays, this Spring campaign has been initiated:
- To occur before and during some major Spring events, such as graduations, spring breaks, etc. during which alcohol use is prominent
- To coincide with a time during which DUI accidents typically spike in Colorado – In fact, CDOT data shows that, from April to August, the most DUI accidents within the state occur.
Noting the importance of this Spring DUI enforcement campaign, Col. Scott Hernandez, Chief of the Colorado State Patrol, stated:
With the weather warming up and the days getting longer, motorists tend to drive faster and take longer trips… Wherever the road may take you this spring, remember to never drive impaired and be aware of other drivers who may be impaired. If you drive after drinking or doing drugs, we will find and arrest you.
Don’t Get Burned by the Heat: How to Stay Safe While the Heat is On
As CSP and local law enforcement agencies throughout Colorado ban together for this Spring Heat is On campaign, here’s what you can do to stay safe and avoid getting burned:
- Never drive drunk – Whether you need to designate a sober driver, take a cab/public transport, or stay somewhere for the night, any of these options is safer and better than driving when you are intoxicated.
- Encourage others not to drive drunk – Try to take keys away from those who may be drunk and intent on driving. Also, consider calling cabs for friends, being a designated driver for them and/or letting them stay with you until they are sober and safe to drive.
- Always wear your seat belt and drive defensively – Because you can’t control the actions of other motorists, make sure you drive defensively and always buckle up when you are on the road.
Colorado Springs Car Accident Lawyer at Shakeshaft and Gorman Law Firm, P.C.
Have you or a loved one been hurt by a drunk or negligent driver? If so, Colorado Springs Car Accident Attorney Kenneth Shakeshaft is ready to advocate your rights, help you recover financially and ultimately help you put your life back together.
While you can trust Colorado Springs Lawyer Kenneth Shakeshaft to always fight for your rights to compensation and justice, you can also rely on him to help you navigate the complexities of the legal system and bring your case to a successful resolution.
Let’s meet to talk about your case and your rights. You can schedule a free initial consultation with us by calling (719) 635-5886. You can also email us using the contact form on this page. We don’t get paid until you get paid, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by contacting us today.